Tuesday 9 October 2012

♥ September Food Favourites ♥

Here are some of my favourite meals that I had during the month of September...

From top left corner to bottom right... Poached egg on wholemeal toast. Chiquito's Churros and fudge sauce. Nutella on wholemeal toast. Homemade beetroot and apple smoothie. Homemade carrot and apple smoothie. Grilled salmon, new potatoes and greens. Krispy Kremes (yum!). Homemade bbq bacon burger, fries and onion rings. Dad's oxtail, rice n peas and avocado egg salad ♥. Chiquito's Pulled Pork Quesadilla and fries.



     As you can see I have a mix of healthy and not-so-healthy foods! I am a huge foodie but I was brought up appreciating good ingredients and nutrition so I try to balance indulging with tasty, healthy meals. I love cooking healthy dinners like the salmon above and I try to have fruit n veg smoothies as much as possible but I also reeeeally love eating out. And when I do go out for dinner I go all out! No salad for me! (why pay £10 for a salad I could make myself at home,  no sir, I want flavour!) My boyfriend and I have also been going to Chiquitos a lot in the last few months. While the service is so-so the food is delicious although I must admit that I usually stick to the same thing - Pulled Pork Quesadilla with fries - delicious! We've also been watching a lot of Amazing Eats on The Food Network so I've been craving barbecued red meat a lot the last month hence the BBQ bacon burger :).

During October I think I'm going to try to eat a bit healthier, more smoothies and fruit for lunch and lighter, healthier dinners. I'll do another post like this at then end of the month and we can compare and see how I do! In the meantime check out a healthy food haul that I did on my YouTube channel by clicking here!

No comments:

Post a Comment